Saturday, August 28, 2010

My Recipe" Curried Tuna and Rice

Sometimes, rather than follow a recipe, I simply look around my kitchen (fridge and cupboards) and see what there is lying around. Then I put a bunch of it in a bowl, mix it up, and see how it tastes.

Tonight's late dinner comes from this approach - curried chicken and rice.

I started with one package of Trader Joe's wild rice, fully cooked (just heat for 5 mins in boiling water, still in package) - serves 3. Then I added three cans of tuna packed in water (drained the water) - serves 3.

I am NOT a fan of tuna, so I looked around for something else to give it some flavor and found a jar of Asian Passage Tikka Masala Curry Paste. It says it serves 7, but, yeah, whatever (image to the left is a different brand, but it'll work).

[It could have been even thicker paste, or less . . . something, but it's good.]

I mixed it all up, tried a taste, and added more plain yellow curry, about a heaping tablespoon, maybe a little more. Can't taste the tuna, so very good.

Total prep time, including opening cans and mixing, about 10 minutes.

If you want to serve three
, you get the following:

Calories: 509
Fat: 10 grams (4 saturated)
Carbs: 28 grams
Fiber: 10.75 grams
Protein: 49 grams

To serve four:

Calories: 382
Fat: 7.5 grams (3 saturated)
Carbs: 21.25 grams
Fiber: 8 grams
Protein: 36.5 grams

Tasty and healthy and oh, so easy to prepare.


No comments: