Monday, September 03, 2007

Gratitude 9/3/07

Last night I finished a five post sequence of therapeutic blogging -- my collage sequence -- that I had been working on for a couple of weeks. These posts may not have been of much interest to anyone but me, but they served to reveal a lot of shadow material that I needed to explore. When I sat down to create each collage, I had no idea what would come up -- that was the beauty of it.

There's a certain creativity in generating posts from a lot of disparate sources. Those posts were deeply personal, but knowing that they might be read by others fostered a need to be honest with myself. The collage format also allowed me to work with various levels of meaning -- mythic, rational, and spiritual. In addition, the format allowed my many selves to speak their truths, however partial most of them are.

Bringing light into the shadow is necessary, and often painful, but it's the transformation and integration of that material that makes all the difference. That's the next task.

I'm grateful for those who read and/or commented, but I am ever more grateful that the blogging format allows for such an exploration.

What are you grateful for today?


No comments: