Friday, August 17, 2007

Gratitude 7/17/07

Gratitude can be fleeting, but I am committed to this pretty much daily practice. So, some things I am grateful for today:

1) Loss. It's amazing how much one can learn from suffering. The more I can sit with the things that hurt, the more determined I am to value the things I have. And the more I want to work for the things that matter to me, especially the people I love.

2) Fear. When I can face the fears that haunt me, I am stronger for it.

3) My health. When I was young, I never thought I'd see forty years of age. But here I am, healthy, and about to start a new path in my life as a student seeking a doctorate in psychology. That feels amazing.

What are you grateful for today?


1 comment:

isabella mori said...

i love it when you ask that question.

grateful for my friend c, who had us over for dinner. for her husband, who served up ancient music. for z., who is sitting across me, peacefully, working on her laptop. for my daughter's friend, who is spending the night here. for being able to help out s. for not having had dessert. oh, the list is so long. thank you thank you thank you.