Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Gratitude


So, I mentioned that I read my horoscope even though I think astrology is a silly superstition. Today's Daily Om horoscope for me was on gratitude, and I thought it had some good insights on why we should practice gratitude.

June 7, 2006
Power Of Gratitude

Taurus Daily Horoscope

Today you may feel fortunate for the emotional and financial support that you have received lately. Perhaps you feel protected by the universe and grateful for the ways in which others have been there for you. This would be a good time to work on expressing your gratitude to others. You may want to turn today into a day of personal appreciation. Throughout the day, you may want to take a few moments to silently thank the universe for its blessings. Remember to say thank you to anyone who does something nice for you. Note the positive changes that this exercise can manifest in your life.

When we are supported by others, expressing gratitude tells the universe that we appreciate our good fortune. When we take the time to reflect upon the countless miracles that happen to assist us, we may notice that the change in our level of awareness will change the quality of our life for the better. So often in life we tend to take things for granted. We may feel that we haven’t been given everything that we deserve. Reflecting upon the abundance of life, however, helps us develop a keener sense of awareness of our gifts. Thank the universe for its support today, and you will be able to gratefully accept everything that life has to offer you.

This is good advice. I have to say that since I began doing these daily posts back in March, my ability to manifest what I need has improved greatly. When I lose a client at the gym due to schedule conflicts, finances, or leaving the area, I get a new client almost immediately with very little work. It wasn't so easy last year. I am so very grateful for the ease this has allowed me, and the sense that I can trust that my needs will be met -- very new for me.

I've definitely become a "glass is half full" type of guy, rather than the opposite, which had been my nature for most of my life. I feel grateful for so many little things -- and so many big things.

The combination of more regular sitting and daily gratitude posts has changed my outlook on life. Other people have noticed and commented on the change, which is nice.

So I am grateful today for gratitude, for those who read this blog and leave comments, for those who read and don't leave comments, and for simply being able to do this blog.

Mostly I am grateful for Kira and those few people I consider friends.

What are you grateful for?

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

No comments: