Sunday, May 07, 2006

Gratitude

I missed last night's gratitude post. I had no good reason other than being tired and needing to go to bed.

Tonight I'm grateful for having seven years of The West Wing. Next week the season and the series comes to an end -- an unfortunate end since it is still one of the best shows on television. With Jimmy Smits' character Matt Santos having been elected president and last week having chosen his Republican challenger Arnie Vinick (Alan Alda) as his new Secretary of State, the show was poised to begin an interesting new era. Too bad it's going away.

I'm also grateful today for Ralph Waldo Emerson:

Finish every day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities crept in. Forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you should begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
What wisdom. This is a great way to live one's life.

Finally, I'm grateful for hummingbirds. What fascinating creatures. There are a few that live on the hill outside my window and I will never tire of watching them flit about.

What are you grateful for?


[West Wing image]
[Hummingbird image]
Del.Icio.Us Tags: , , , , ,
Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

No comments: