Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Gratitude, Day 21


[Image source]


It's tough when my choices (or lack thereof) come back to bite me in the ass. Not much to do but keep moving forward.

Today, I'm grateful that there is a tomorrow. "The sun will come out . . ." and all that crap.

Of course, my preference would be timeless nondual consciousness, but lacking that, I'll make do with what I have.

And even on a day like today, I realize that I have a lot. And I have a lot to be grateful for, even when all that seems small in comparison to other parts of my life . . . today.

But there is always another day -- until there isn't.

What are you grateful for?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm grateful that I was able to just sit with some sadness this evening -- much more peaceful than all the things I often do to distract myself.

Anonymous said...

I'm grateful for that mindfulness post you made below. Yesterday I tried that technique: tormented by a particular narrative of some events, I transferred my attention instead to the sensations in the body, rather than the narrative. Amazing, still painful, but amazing. Grateful for something new to practice.

Kai in NYC

Anonymous said...

today I am grateful for hardwork. Or rather for when hardwork pays off. I have been involved in a long term project and today I got an affirmation that change is possible.

Erica